Coca-Cola Ltd. of Atlanta, Georgia, has been active in Hamilton since around the turn of the century. Many Hamiltonians still remember the company’s old plant at the corner of Wilson and Wellington Streets. It was built in 1929.
Bottles for this plant were first supplied by Hamilton’s own Dominion Glass Company. The local Firestone factory provided tires for the company’s fleet of trucks. Hamilton’s Duncan Lithographing Company produced most of the company’s advertisements.
In 1960, Mayor Lloyd D. Jackson officially opened the company’s large new bottling and distribution plant on this site. Bottling operations were discontinued in the early 1980s. The facility now operates as a warehouse and distribution hub for much of Coca-Cola’s south-central Ontario market.